Google made 2-step verification easy and simple with it new prompt verification system. With the 2-step verification system, Google has enhanced the security and provided extra layer of security to the weak username and password. As the normal flow was, you enter username, password and a piece of code is texted you. After entering the code verification was taking place. The security is fine but it was highly annoying.
Now the annoying part will be optional as Google introduced 2SV Google Prompt feature. You can easily use any of these features for 2SV. Google Prompt is rolled out for both Android and iOS users. To use Google Prompt data connection is required. Android users need to have updated Google Play Services to use Google Prompt and iOS users should have the Google search app installed to use Google prompt.
How To Enable and Use Google Prompt
- Login into your Google Account. Navigate to My Account-> Sign-in & Security > Signing in to Google > 2-Step Verification
- Click on Add Phone under Google prompt option.
- In the next screen it will show the available phone and your phone should have screen lock enable (recommended). Click Next.
- Now unlock your mobile and tap Yes on Google Prompt to continue.
Here you have successfully set the Google Prompt. Now whenever you will login into your account, it give the prompt on your Phone with Yes & No option like below.
To configure with iOS
- Install Google Search app
- Click Add phone under Google Prompt
- On the next screen the compatible device will pop-up. Click next
- Go to Google Search app in iOS and tap yes
- Here you successfully configured Google Prompt in iOS
Problems with configuring Google Prompt
If your Android device running lower than 5.0
- It could not be compatible.
If your device is compatible and it gives you error message
- Check for updates of Google Play services
- Double check you allow permissions to Google app and Google Play Service app (In my case permission gave me an error, so provide full permission)
- Your device should be connected to internet
These could be the possible problems, which might occur while configuring Google Prompt in Android. Let us know if you face any other problem in comments.
This feature is proved well, for the users who use 2SV like me. It is quite easy and simple to use. Share your reviews too in comments. Do share with your friends. Stay tuned to Tech Tunes.