WhatsApp Messenger is a cross-platform mobile messaging app which allows you to exchange messages without having to pay for SMS. WhatsApp Messenger is available for iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Windows Phone and Nokia and yes, those phones can all message each other! Because WhatsApp Messenger uses the same internet data plan that you use for email and web browsing, there is no cost to message and stay in touch with your friends.
In addition to basic messaging WhatsApp users can create groups, send each other unlimited images, video and audio media messages.
So many users might wonder to use two or multiple WhatsApp on their single device instead of keeping two or more phones. So here, there is a solution for How to use multiple WhatsApp on single Android Phone.
For those who are using the Lollipop-based Android Phone can use the multiple WhatsApp account without using any third-party app or without any rooting required. Lollipop is providing the new feature called Multi-User Feature. Now you can use the Multi-User Feature offered by the Android Lollipop Operating System, including Cyanogen OS and other custom ROMs.
Below is the tutorial for using two or multiple WhatsApp account in the Lollipop based Android phone:
- Add Multi-User in Android Lollipop-Based Smartphone. To add a new user goto Settings –> Users –> Add User.
- After creating new user, provide appropriate and complete details to set up new user account.
- Now you can easily switch between the users by just pulling your notification bar and tapping on the user and select new user which you have created in the previous steps.
- After selecting the new user you will be provided the whole new interface and now you can install a new WhatsApp in the new user mode.
- After installation enter all the details and verify as like you do to configure your new WhatsApp account.
Now those who are using lower version than the Lollipop-based Android version, than you can accomplish by using the third party app called OGWhatsApp follow the below steps :
- Download and install OGWhatsApp
- If you want to save your existing messages than make a backup of all of your messages
- Now, delete the user information from the phone o WhatsApp. This you can do by simple re-installing the app OR go to Settings à Apps/Installed Apps –> WhatsApp –> Clear Data
- Remane the /sdcard/WhatsApp directory to /sdcard/OGWhatsApp . Do this by using file explorer or simply connect your phone to the PC and rename it.
- Now verify your old number in the OG version of WhatsApp.
- And then verify your new number in the normal version of WhatsApp.
Enjoy multiple WhatsApping in your Android Phone!
If you are a iPhone user than read my post on How to use two WhatsApp in iPhone iPad without jailbreak